With a combination of aquaculture (or raising aquatic animals in tanks), together with hydroponics (raising plants in water), aquaponics surely has gotten the curiosity of many in recent years. This is also the reason why a lot of people are trying out diy aquaponics.
But, what exactly could aquaponics do? Whats with the craze? Read on, and learn more about the benefits of diy aquaponics!
1. You dont have to deal with weeds. See, one of the most common problems that people encounter in growing plants is that they have to weed the soil out, just so they can be sure that the plants would get the nutrients they need. Since aquaponics means plants would grow in water, you can be sure that you wouldnt have to be stressed out about any weeds growing.
2. It saves space. Now, you no longer need separate pots for plants, and aquariums for fish because you can already make them co-exist. In short, even if you have a small space, you will find it easy to manage and operate the system. Furthermore, the system is easy to maintain as well.
3. Youd save water. Having a diy aquaponics system means that water would be re-circulated. You dont have to change it you do with aquariums, and you wont have to water the plants manually, too. All you need to do is to top up water once a week to maintain the level. Now, you can also be sure that no matter how sunny it is outside, your plants would still grow and the fish would also be in a clean and healthy environment!
4. No pests! Another problem that most people encounter with growing plants in soil is that there could be aphids, spiders, and other kinds of pests that could burrow in the soil, take nutrients from the plants, and eventually, kill the plants. When pests enter the soil, you can only get rid of them with pesticide, which is not healthy for the plants as well as for the consumers. With DIY aquaponics, you can simply breathe a sigh of relief because plants would always be healthy in the nutrient rich water!
5. It requires less energy. Compared to traditional gardening, and taking care of fish in aquariums, youd use 70% less energy with Aquaponics, because you could just let the plants and fish be, as it works independently!
6. It provides you with healthy, organic food! And finally, with the help of aquaponics systems, you can be sure that you get to raise your own produce in a sustainable and reliable system. This way, you get to take better care of your health and of those around you, as well!
A Better and Healthier Life
Simply put, diy aquaponics is not just good for the environment, it is important for the health and well being of you and your family as well! As the saying goes, healthy food makes a healthy body. Make this a way of life and your life will be a happy one. You can always go over to Aquaponics System Solutions - Home DIY Aquaponics to learn more about diy aquaponics
The author does not allow comments to this entry